Gate Fabrication and Warranty
• All gates unless otherwise specified are fabricated from pre galvanised mild steel
• All penetrations are full welded and the welds are treated
• Where gates have a vertical bar component a 100mm gap is used between each bar
• This gap may vary in order to situate the bars at equal distances In the surrounding frame
• Unless otherwise stated all gates are provided with a powder coat finish. While powder coating is an extremely durable finished, impact damage may result is the powder coat chipping. This is not covered by the warranty
• We recommend 6 monthly cleaning of the gates in order to maintain the lustre of the powder coating
• All metal gates come with a 5 year warranty
• A Wide range of Hardwood, softwood and synthetic timbers can be used in the fabrication of wooden Gates.
• Each of these timbers performs (performance) differently in terms of sagging, warping, bowing, cupping, expansion and contraction, weathering and colour etc. Consideration of these points should be made when selecting the timber to be used.
• The performance and availability of these various timber is often reflected in the price of the timber. In general terms the poorer performing timbers tend to be less expensive.
• When timber is not inherently stable against rot then only treated timbers are used.
• All sliding gates incorporating timber utilize a metal subframe and fabrication techniques developed to enhance the stability of the timber on the gate
• Metal sliding gates are fabricated to accommodate the variation in movement of the various materials used in the fabrication of the gate.
• In construction of wooden sliding gates where dressed 4 sides timber is to be fixed to the face of the gate while we aim for a 3mm gap between the vertical palings to allow for the natural expansion and contraction of the timber some variation can be expected. Where T and G timbers are being use no gap is required.
• All timber should be treated (painted, oiled, stained, polyurethaned etc) to protect the timber and this should be maintained on a regular basis
• We provide a 5 year warranty on our wooden gates. Failure to treat the timber or maintain treatment of the timber will void this warranty